Avo Connections 2021 – special Hort Connections event
This event is fully booked, but you can still use the link below to have your name added to the waitlist.
As this is a COVIDsafe event, numbers are strictly limited. If you are feeling unwell on the day, please stay home.
The Australian avocado industry invites all members of the industry to join us this year at the Avo Connections event which will take place on 7 June 2021 in Brisbane (prior to Hort Connections). This event provides a great opportunity to join key industry stakeholders from across the supply chain and hear the latest in industry, marketing, retail and supply chain R&D developments. (Also check out the details below for a special avocado tissue culture update.)
Date: Monday, 7 June 2021
Time: 12.30pm-4.30pm (lunch included)
Register: Tickets are limited! Book your seat today by clicking here. If you have any problems booking, please contact Avocados Australia’s Amanda on email@example.com or call 07 3846 6566. This is a free event but please RSVP to ensure COVIDsafe capacity is not exceeded.
Adele Nowakowska (Hort Innovation) who will provide an update on the industry’s latest marketing initiatives.
Woolworths’s Jessica Loader will provide an update on retail activities and avocados.
Noel Ainsworth (QDAF) will provide valuable insights into fruit quality and supply chain temperatures from grower to ripening/wholesale after sampling five regions for a two-year period for project AV18000.
Adam Goldwater (AHR) will follow on with an update on the retail performance of avocados after sampling carried out in metropolitan stores during the last 12 months as part of project AV19003.
Click here for the agenda.
Avocado tissue culture industry update from QAAFI
There is another exciting avocado event in the morning, also in Meeting Room M2.
- Click here for the flyer.
- Click here to RSVP with the team from QAAFI for this morning session.
The University of Queensland Professor Neena Mitter and her research team at the Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation in partnership with the University of Southern Queensland and Central Queensland University, would like to invite the avocado community to an industry stakeholder’s information day.
The day will include presentations and discussions on:
- Our progress with avocado rootstock tissue culture; this will include access to culture jars containing tissue cultured avocado so participants can experience first-hand what we are discussing
- plant/tree performance results from commercially managed field trials
- the perceptions of tissue culture from industry, and
- economic and market feasibility of these rootstocks entering the market.The aim of this information day is to support an understanding of the science, in addition to facilitating discussions on how these plants are transitioning into commercial orchards and the predicted associated economic and industry impacts.Day starts at 8:30am registration for a 9am start with coffee on arrival.Morning tea will be provided. This is a free event but please RSVP to ensure COVIDsafe capacity is not exceeded.
Want to know more about Hort Connections?
Click here for the event website.
When12:30 pm Start (Arrive 12:30 pm) to 4:30 pm, 07/06/2021 (Date Past)
VenueBrisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
Corner Merivale and Glenelg Streets