HARPS Training Course – Stanthorpe
The first of a series of dates for HARPS training courses have been set, for Western Australia and Queensland. At the time this notice was added to the Avocados Australia website, further dates were being planned for other locations.
If you would like to attend one of the HARPS Training Sessions please click on your preferred location below to register.
- Perth Markets 10/8/18 – Click here
- Stanthorpe 3/9/18 – Click here
- Brisbane Markets 4/9/18 – Click here
- Bundaberg 5/9/18 – Click here
Please note – times have been updated, the new times for all events are: 8:30am arrive for a 9am start, 5pm finish.
For more information on HARPS and these events, please visit https://harpsonline.com.au/ or call 1300 852 219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course is particularly aimed at Tier 1 and 2 growers, suppliers, packers and wholesalers to the major grocery retailers, and covers the following:
- HARPS overview and general requirements;
- Food safety and quality issues in the produce industry;
- Legal requirements for food safety programs;
- Four hazards (biological, chemical, physical, allergen) and their sources;
- Three elements of a food safety program (facilities and equipment, HACCP and pre-requisite programs);
- Food safety risk assessment and HACCP process; and
- HARPS elements in practice.
The course has been designed to reflect the immediate needs for producers to meet the HARPS requirements, using case studies and practical examples where possible. In addition, the course will include Food Safety Risk assessment and the HACCP process, which will qualify as ‘HACCP refresher training’ as stipulated under HARPS Section 5.2 (this will save needing to attend a separate HACCP Refresher course).
Attendees will be provided with a handbook with the slide presentation and provision for note taking as well as supporting documents for exercises and case studies (all to keep). The course will also provide example templates and pro-formas that attendees can use to adapt to their own specific activities (as requested during the Awareness Sessions).
The fee for the course is $680 per person (plus GST). To ensure each attendee is able to get the most out of the training, the HARPS team would like to cap the number of attendees to 15 per daily session.