NQ health management plan & labour sessions
Queensland Agriculture Workforce Network FNQ Manager Leanne Kruss is holding special drop in sessions for avocado growers around the Tablelands in early December.
She is inviting growers to join her for very informal brain-storming sessions to help with compliance, workforce and a few key topics at the forefront of everyone’s business continuity.
- Workforce Health Management Plans (Compliance Directive for farms with itinerant workers)
- WHS Planning (Compliance specific detail regarding COVID-19, for those that do not require a Health Management Plan. Can discuss other WHS issues as well)
- Labour (impending) issues and possible solutions and what you need to know regarding compliance and Covid 19 should you be using an external/ Labour Hire service.
- Accommodation and transport requirements (on-farm or use of external services) in relation to HMPs and COVID-19.
- Seasonal Worker Program/PLF program overview of pilot program moving forward and quarantine requirements.
All producers are welcome regardless of whether you are:
- Early stage – have not even approached the topic of Health Management Plans and it all seems too overwhelming, or you just need help wrapping your head around it all
- Middle stage – have begun the process and just need some advice, brainstorming and depth of conversation
- Late stage – have completed most components and just want to check on small specifics before submitting.
Bring a paper copy of the HMP template, notepad and pen to brainstorm. If you do require lots of help, please come early in the session for lots of time to discuss. HMP template located on right column of this website page.
Monday 7 December
Dimbulah Camp 64: 7.30am-10am (out back area)
Mutchilba General Store: 11am-1pm (outside area)
Mareeba Heritage Coffee House: 2pm-3pm Please contact Leanne (details below) to arrange a one-on-one visit if this was your preferred time.
Wednesday 9 December
Tolga Pub: 10am-12pm
Kairi Pub: 12.30 pm-2 pm
Atherton RSL: 2.45pm-5pm
On arrival, please support the local enterprise with the purchase of a coffee/or food for the use of their venue as this is not a formal workshop scenario.
All COVID-19 Health Management directives must be adhered to and will be in accordance with the venue COVID Health Management Plans. (Please sign in as a sit-down customer when you are ordering even if your visit is brief.) Whilst you don’t need to formally book into these brainstorming sessions, it would be great for a simple text, email or call to get a general idea of how many and who to expect. All commodities welcome.
If there is a demand, Leanne is also willing to visit other locations/orchards.
Any questions please phone or email Leanne on: 0431 743 633 or firstname.lastname@example.org (text/email often best contact methods).