Orchard Intensification and Robotics Field Day
Avocado & Mango event
The Queensland Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries is hosting a field day at Walkamin on 8 November 2018.
Topics will include:
- the Small Tree High Productivity Initiative Update,
- robotics and automation in tree crops,
- transforming mango futures,
- low medium and high density plantings, limb bending, pruning & trellising training, measuring and improving light interception in the orchard, yield assessments, vigour reducing rootstocks,
- imaging technology for mapping flowering & fruit load and automated harvest,
- insect population dynamics in intense systems, and
- the economics of trellis systems.
Guests will be required to use footbath prior to entry onto farm. Please wear covered shoes and sun protective clothing.
Date: Thursday, November 8
Venue: DAF Walkamin Research Station, Kennedy Highway
Click here to download the flyer with full event details
RSVP and enquiries: Ebony Faichney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0491 212 948
Please note: This is not an Avocados Australia event, please direct enquiries to the above contact.
When8:30 am Start (Arrive 8:30 am) to 12:30 pm, 08/11/2018 (Date Past)
VenueQDAF Walkamin Research Station
6302 Kennedy Highway