NEW LOCATION Regional Forum – TNR – Casuarina
Due to the current situation in New South Wales, this event has been moved to:
Oaks Santai Resort
9 Dianella Drive
Casuarina NSW 2487
If you haven’t already heard from us, can you please confirm your RSVP (and those of anyone travelling with you) immediately? Amanda on email@example.com or call 07 3846 6566. Please notify Amanda of any dietary requirements.
Headlining this Tamborine/Northern Rivers event is industry legend, Dr Ken Pegg.
Dr Pegg will take a fresh look at Phytophthora root rot in the light of climate stress, Avocados Australia CEO John Tyas will provide an industry update, and there will also be a nutrition presentation.
The presentations will take place in the Nimbin Town Hall (Nimbin Town Hall, 45 Cullen Street, Nimbin, New South Wales, 2480), and will include the Avocados Australia AGM, before a visit to Barry & Victoria Kuhnell’s Mountain Top Magic Orchard.
- Date: Wednesday, 13 November
- Agenda: Tamborine/Northern Rivers Regional Forum Agenda Nov 13 2019
- Start: 8.30am for a 9am start
- Lunch: 12.15-1.15pm
- Avocados Australia AGM: 1:15pm-2:15pm
- Orchard walk: Tropical Fruit World have offered to host an orchard walk for us. The orchard has a range of different avocado varieties, and a recently installed irrigation system. Tropical Fruit World, 29 Duranbah Road, Duranbah (about 10-15 minutes from the new Regional Forum venue at Casuarina)
- RSVP: by Friday 8 November, to Amanda on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3846 6566. Please notify Amanda of any dietary requirements.
Avocados Australia Industry Development Manager Liz Singh, 0499 854 111 or email@example.com (Mon-Thurs 9am-3pm)
DAF: Simon Newett, firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 5381 1326, or Bridie Carr, email@example.com or 07 5381 1327
Events are being planned across the country. Be sure to keep an eye out in this calendar for events nationally. All industry members are welcome to attend any event.
This event is part of the strategic levy investment project, Avocado industry development and extension (AV17005), part of the Hort Innovation Avocado Fund. This project has been funded by Hort Innovation, using the Hort Innovation avocado research and development levy, co-investment from the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.