- Details of the 2022 winning dish and cafe, and the other nine finalists are listed below.
- Photos are also provided for your use below.
- Media doorstop: Thursday 28 July – 8am, Little Hideout Cafe – 2/185 Riding Rd, Balmoral QLD 4171
- National Avocado Day is this Sunday 31 July – Aussies should get out and celebrate in Australian cafes with avocado toast this weekend!
- We would appreciate the use of hashtags #australiasbestavotoast #nationalavocadoday #australianavocados on social media
- Avocados Australia can be tagged at @AvocadosAustralia (Facebook) and @AvocadosAu (Twitter)
- For more information contact: Anna Petrou, Communications Manager, Avocados Australia Limited on (07) 3846 6566 or 0488 384 222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Australia's Best Avo Toast competition
WINNER - Little Hideout Cafe
The winning dish features a generous amount of sliced fresh avocado on top of a slice of “Wild Grains” sourdough and served with roast tomato aioli. Piped balls of whipped fetta are dotted around the bread and are topped with thin slices of radish. A flamboyant smear of deliciously creamy beetroot hummus surrounds the sourdough slice and then the whole dish is topped with sprinkles of homemade Dukka. The dish is priced at $16.90.
FINALIST - Guyala Cafe
Guyala Cafe’s indigenous, tropical take on the classic with layered flavour and texture. Smashed avocado on Dino’s wood-fired
ciabatta with finger lime, lemon myrtle, dried mango, macadamia and coconut dukkah. Topped with cherry tomato, coconut-based feta, Shichimi pepper, coriander and chilli threads.
FINALIST - Barbetta Cucina
FINALIST - Faraday's Cage
Freshly smashed avocado served on house-baked sourdough toast with mint, dill, parsley, crispy kale, watermelon radish, red vein sorrel, toasted mixed seeds, Meredith’s goat cheese and a wedge of lemon.
FINALIST - The Banksia Tree
Wood fire grilled sourdough from Rosies Rise, fresh avocado, pickled beetroot, house made native dukkah, smoked labneh, crispy saltbush, and native river mint.
FINALIST - Anouk Cafe
Mountains of smashed avocado on soft toasted Turkish with edamame and salad leaves, roast sesame seeds, and sesame ponzu dressing.
FINALIST - Kin and Co Cafe
Crushed avocado on two slices of local artisan bakery seeded sourdough with crispy spiced chickpeas, Meredith goat cheese, Yemeni pesto and maple roasted torched lemon cheek then finished with fresh herbs.
FINALIST - Cinnamon and Co
Date Published: 23/07/2022