AvoSkills – Central Queensland NEW DATE
***THIS EVENT WAS POSTPONED DUE TO COVID-19. NEW DATE***
The COVID-delayed AvoSkills workshop, covering the “A” to “O” of avocado orchard management, will be held in Bundaberg on 21-22 September (COVID-19 permitting).
- Date: Tuesday & Wednesday, 21-22 September 2021
- Location: Bundaberg Multiplex
- Agenda: Click here to download the flyer
- Submit your expression of interest: Due this event being rescheduled, there are now a limited number of places available for new groewrs. Please contact Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries’ Bridie Carr via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0436 675 740 to register your interest by 10 September 2021.
- Places are strictly limited. To ensure everyone gets the most of this workshop, places are strictly limited to 40 participants. Applicants will be notified about their places three weeks before the event.
- Should I attend? In this practical, fun and hands-on workshop, we will tackle the essentials of growing good quality fruit productively. The workshop is tailored toward growers who have recently joined the avocado industry, re-sellers, farm supervisors and farm managers.
- Will we be in the field? Morning sessions will be held indoors, with practical afternoon sessions at nearby local orchards.
- Catering: morning tea & lunch provided
AvoSkills workshops are also planned for Central New South Wales and the Tristate. Be sure to keep an eye out in the events calendar on the Avocados Australia website, or in the Guacamole for details. All industry members are welcome to attend any event.
Be sure to keep an eye out in this calendar for events nationally. All industry members are welcome to attend any event.
This event is part of the strategic levy investment project, Avocado industry development and extension (AV17005), part of the Hort Innovation Avocado Fund. This project has been funded by Hort Innovation, using the Hort Innovation avocado research and development levy, co-investment from the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, and contributions from the Australian Government. Hort Innovation is the grower-owned, not-for-profit research and development corporation for Australian horticulture.
- Day 1: Start (Arrive ) to , 21/09/2021 (Date Past)
- Day 2: Start (Arrive ) to , 22/09/2021 (Date Past)