We believe your business is no one else’s. Your privacy is important to us, so we will protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, Avocados Australia Limited follows principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
- We won’t sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
- We’ll use state of the art security measures to protect your information from unauthorised users.
In handling your personal information, we are required to comply with the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (‘Act’) and any privacy principles enacted under the Act. This policy may be updated from time to time.
Personal information is information that identifies an individual or from which an individual’s identity can reasonably be ascertained.
Collection of statistical information
When you use our website, we may collect statistical information relating to your use of this website, including:
- your server address;
- your IP address;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded;
- the website you visited immediately prior to accessing this website;
- your navigation patterns; and
- the type of browser you are using.
Statistical information on its own may not necessarily identify an individual and may not constitute personal information. However, it provides us with statistics that we can use to analyse and improve our website.
Collection of personal information
Depending on your use of our website, we may collect personal information relating to you.
Generally, we collect your personal information directly from you, by requesting that you provide your personal information when you fill out an application form or other similar document or submit information to us via our website.
We collect your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing access to our website and other related services;
- responding to queries and feedback you submit to us;
- processing your subscription to become a member of Avocados Australia;
- facilitating our internal business operations;
- providing you with information about our services that may be of interest to you; and
- any other legal requirements which we must comply with.
You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to us. However, without receiving certain information from you, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
We disclose your personal information for the purpose for which we collect it or where you have consented to us disclosing this information.
Security of your personal information
Avocados Australia Limited has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honoured. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.